Vineyards & winery
Planted between 1950 and 2010, our vineyards are deeply rooted in the chalky slopes of the communes of Cramant, Oiry and Chouilly, all of which are Grand Cru Classés on the Côte des Blancs. Continuing about 50 km to the south, the hills of Sézannais offer a different terroir and a richer more generous climate.
Several years ago, on selected plots, we undertook the creation of authentic “terroir wines”: wines that reflect a special harmony between the soil type, the climate and Chardonnay: the grape variety that rules supreme in these unique landscapes. The wines that result from this patient, meticulous work are vinified and aged simply and straightforwardly, with a minimal dosage after disgorging.
At the beginning of our project to create terroir champagne, we have made some decisions.
- We believe in sustainable agriculture.
- Only grapes from our own vineyards are used to make the wines. They come from selected vineyards with an unique terroir.
- Through low yields and meticoulous quality control, we aim to produce tasty and healthy grapes.
- We have decided to ferment in steel tanks which preserves the purity and character of the fruit.
- Thanks to their naturally strong freshness and minerality, all wines do malolactic fermentation. This increases their aromatic diversity.
- After bottle fermentation, the wines mature for 4 to 8 years on the fine lees, according to the needs of the different cuvées and vintages.
- Dosage "Extra Brut", what else?